Edul Patel CEO of Mudrex. A Y-Combinator backed startup, on a mission to democratize investing in cryptocurrency.
Cryptocurrency is a trillion dollar industry & with a billion people in India the potential is huge! So today my guest Edul Patel CEO of Mudrex. A Y-Combinator startup building an algorithmic trading platform for cryptocurrency.
They help crypto traders create, test and deploy their trading rules into automated trading algorithms without writing code. Started back in 2011 reading the original white paper while still in college and now they are growing 40% month on month. They have 2.5k paying customers and $10 million of assets under management.
So today you will find out how he got his first 1k customers. Insights into the crypto scene in india. Talks about the hype/greed/fear/excitement/ in crypto. Are crypto trading bots better than human traders?
Talks about the best advice he received at YC(19) & the intense 24 hr demo day. Edul shares his product strategies on how products should be built and should they how they should be killed. The 3 books he gives to all his employees. And finally I talk to Edul about my first week as a crypto trader! So we talk about portfolios & trading advice.
Please note I am not a financial advisor. So please seek financial advice and if you’re interested in buying crypto please see the link on the show notes.
In this conversation we also talk about
- The Crypto lightbulb moment
- Indian regulations
- Who are they targeting?
- Talks about why crypto is so volatile (or is it?)
- Dealing with user experiences issues in the early days..
- The challenge indian regulations dealing with crypto and what he would change.
- Happy to let his bots trade while sleeping.
- After 10 years finally breaking even and making profit
- Deal making advice (less is more)
- 3 key skills to become a product manager (32.49)
- Whats can do wrong in crypto
- Advice for first time product managers with no experience
- Dealing with stress.
- Originally building a crypto exchange for India.
Earn $10 USD in bitcoin
if you need something to do during these challenging and difficult times and want some inspiration and need some creativity. check out Skillshare. Skillshare is an online learning community with thousands of classes in design, business, tech, and more. Anyone can join the millions of members in our community to learn cutting-edge skills, network with peers and discover new opportunities.
Try Premium free for 2 months and access all my classes!
music by Punch Deck.